Everyone has their favorite type of chocolate chip cookie. Some people like them soft and chewy on the inside, while others prefer crispy, crunchy cookies. Check out this helpful infographic with tips on how to make chocolate chip cookies just how you like.
Before you get started, check out our easy recipe for classic chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine the baking soda, flour, and salt in a mixing bowl, and set it aside. In another bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until the mixture is creamy. Add the vanilla and egg, and beat until the mixture is blended. Slowly add in the flour mixture, beating to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips, then use a scoop or a 1-tbsp measuring spoon to evenly place dough onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9–11 minutes and then let the cookies cool for 2 minutes, then move them onto a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
Adjust the recipe with tips in this infographic for your favorite type of chocolate chip cookie. If you’re not sure which variation to make, try them all! You might find a new favorite.
These cookies will seriously impress your family and friends. Share your best cookie recipe tips in the comments. Happy baking!
This post has been updated since it was originally published in February 2016.
Read More Stories Like This:
How to Decorate a Cake Like a Boss
For the pastry-obsessed, there are few things in life more satisfying than a beautifully decorated cake.
OMG I’ve been Making cookies all wrong lol saving this recipe for sure
Perfect for pampering!
Wow, my favorite is the gooey. Now I know how to make them on purpose.
Love the crispy edge with gooey middle!
I’m looking forward to experimenting with chocolate chip cookie science! Yum!!!
How can you make a Awesome cookie that’s it’s extremely healthy to prevent from the damage that cause consuming sugar?
I am going to try substituting: using
Just 1/2 cup of almond flour, and just add the chocolate chips and only use 2/3 of agave or sugar cane and the rest of ingredients. See what turns out!
How did it turn out?
I love all the tips on how to make the cookie I love!!
What causes your cookie to spread out too fast.
I am 70 and have been making cookies since I was ten. But recently my chocolate chip cookie aren’t baking properly.