If you could only perfect one dessert, it should be the chocolate chip cookie. It’s a treat that will earn you bonus points with your family, friends, and guests at any party.
Everyone has their own favorite type of chocolate chip cookie. Some people like them soft and chewy on the inside, while others prefer crispy, crunchy cookies. Check out this helpful infographic with tips on how to make chocolate chip cookies just how you like.
Before you start baking up a storm, check out our easy recipe for these irresistible chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 cup, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup, 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine baking soda, flour, and salt in a mixing bowl, and set aside. In another bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until the mixture has a creamy texture. Add in the vanilla and egg, and beat so the mix is fully blended. Slowly add in the flour mixture, beating to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips, then place 1½ tablespoon-sized balls onto the cookie sheet, evenly spaced.
- Bake for 9–11 minutes, then let cool. After the cookies have set for five minutes, move them onto a wire rack and let them cool completely.
Try the variations shown in the infographic to see what works best for you. If you’re not sure which style you’ll like, try them all! You might find a new favorite.
There’s nothing better than the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Happy baking!