Remember when clay cookware was so heavy that once you put it in the cabinet it stayed there? That’s not the case with Rockcrok®. It’s surprisingly easy to move about considering how it shares the same great qualities of old clayware—super durable, exceptional cooking, baking, and grilling, and a simple elegance that makes it an oven-to-table timesaver. And, Rockcrok® has two other qualities that most others don’t: it’s microwave- and dishwasher-safe.
Meet the Rockcrok®
The black glaze on a Rockcrok® allows it to go directly on high-heat sources like the stovetop or the grill and endure temperature fluctuations in the microwave. And, it won’t show staining from higher heat sources like the grill. The specially formulated Rockcrok® glaze is made up of both small and large particles of clay, which allows the clay to expand and contract. Rockcrok® is ready to go right out of the box, no preseasoning is required.
The Rockcrok® collection includes these versatile pieces:
- Dutch Oven XL. With an 8-qt. capacity, it’s perfect for big crowds, family meals, and big batches. If you love planning make-ahead meals and freezing them for later, this Dutch oven is for you.
- Grill Stone. Its flat cooking surface has a 15″ diameter making it ideal for grilled flatbreads, veggies, nachos, and more.
- Dutch Oven. This 4-qt. pot is perfect for family-sized stews, braised meats, and pasta.
- Everyday Pan. The 2.5-qt. one-pan dinner-maker is a kitchen staple. It makes tender chicken breasts, tenderloins, and ribs in the oven or microwave.
- Slow Cooker Stand. This turns your Rockcrock® Dutch Oven or Everyday Pan into a slow cooker. Plus, you can transfer from oven or stovetop to the stand without changing pots or pans. Great for keeping food warm while entertaining.
- 4-Quart Slow Cooker Set. Includes the Rockcrok® Dutch Oven and Slow Cooker Stand.
- 2.5-Quart Slow Cooker Set. Includes the Rockcrok® Everyday Pan and Slow Cooker Stand.
- Small Grill Stone. Its 9″ x 9″ (12″ with handles) square size is perfect for personal-size pizzas, side dishes, and more. Use it on the stovetop, oven, microwave, broiler, or with our Indoor Outdoor Portable Grill.
Clay Cookware At Its Best
Because Rockcroks are heat-safe to 752°F, they can be used for searing, braising, simmering, slow cooking, frying, boiling, baking, broiling, microwaving, and grilling, even within a single recipe. Plus, they can make great desserts!
Rockcrok’s heat retention is excellent; its clay material keeps food hot 2½ times longer than standard cookware. So it’s a great option on nights where everyone is not eating at the same time and for entertaining—you won’t have to worry if your company is running late.
Rockcroks are perfect for weeknight meals, transforming regular recipes into one-pot meals. You cut down on prep time, cooking time, and cleanup by doing everything in the same pot or pan. No need to sauté onions and meat in a skillet before adding them to your slow cooker; sauté them right in the slow cooker pot. Here’s just the start of what you can make:
- Whole chickens with vegetables
- Baked ziti or lasagna
- Soups and stews
- Baked potatoes
- Vegetable ragouts and ratatouille
- Fruit cobblers
- Metal utensils are safe to use in Rockcroks, but they can mar the surface. To remove marring, use a non-bleach, all-purpose liquid or powdered cleanser that is safe for cookware.
- When cooking on the stovetop, it’s best that the surface of the pan has stock, oil, butter, or any type of moisture at all times to prevent pitting.
- The foot ring on the Rockcrok is not glazed due to the manufacturing process, but that doesn’t affect the cooking—it’s safe on all cooking surfaces. Yes, you can use the Rockcrok® on flat-top stoves, but don’t slide it around—it can scratch.