Garianne, @gariannestable, always has leftover veggies in the fridge, so she added them all to the blender and made a great sauce.
Hidden Veggie Pasta Sauce
Put the leftover veggies in your fridge to good use by making the sauce below!
- 1 can (28 oz./794 g) whole peeled tomatoes and their juices
- Leftover sauteed peppers and onions
- Leftover roasted carrots
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) tomato paste
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry red wine (optional, but adds some extra flavor)
- Throw all into the Deluxe Cooking Blender. I put mine on the SAUCE icon and then HEATED PUREE once it’s fully blended. That’s it! Serve over pasta and you have a whole new dish using rightovers!
It’s just that simple! And if you want another great way to use leftover veggies, check out our recipe for Hidden Veggie Marinara Pasta!
Want More Rightovers Inspiration?
Check out our favorite tips, tricks, and recipes in Rightovers: Leftovers Made RIght.
I love the new recipes and cooking ideas presented with your amazing products. My Air fryer has replaced my microwave, the mini pie pans are good for single desserts, and pot pies..crocks for soups.This is much easier to navigate.