Hot Cocoa Bombs Made at Home
As if hot chocolate couldn’t get any better! Make your own hot chocolate bombs using Mini Freezer Bowls as molds to create chocolate balls filled with your favorite cocoa mix and mini marshmallows. The bombs melt into delicious hot chocolate when you pour warm milk over them.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3 chocolate bombs
- 3 cups (750 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) hot cocoa mix
- ½ cup (125 mL) mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup (60 mL) white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (60 mL) red candy melts
- Colored sprinkles
- Using the microwave, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add 1½–2 tbsp (22–30 mL) of melted chocolate to each mini freezer bowl. Use the back of a spoon to spread evenly along the walls ¾ of the way up. Freeze until hardened, about 15 minutes. Reserve remaining chocolate.
- Place the mini bowls upside down onto parchment paper and gently loosen by applying pressure to the top and sides until the chocolate is released.
- Microwave a microwave-safe plate until warm, about 1 minute. Place 6 chocolate cups (one at a time) upside down to slightly melt and even out the rim of the chocolate cups.
- Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) of hot cocoa mix, marshmallows, and colored sprinkles to 3 of the cups.
- Warm the remaining chocolate, lightly dip the 3 remaining cups into the warm chocolate, and then create the chocolate bomb by sealing it onto the other cup.
- Melt white chocolate and candy melts to add a decorative drizzle on each chocolate bomb and add sprinkles on top. Allow to harden.
- To serve, place chocolate bomb into a mug or glass and carefully pour warmed milk on to